Vegan mint chip ice-cream
vegan mint chip ice cream
This may seem too good to be true, but I assure you, it’s very true! Delicious vegan mint chip ice cream is only a recipe away. It has the texture and creaminess of milk based ice cream. If you love mint chip ice cream, try making this vegan version, ASAP!
Less than 10 ingredients
No/Low sugar (except for maple syrup or Raw honey)
Healthful/Beneficial ingredients (no fillers or thickeners)
vegan ice cream is worth fighting for
My eager little guys were ready and willing to help with any and all tasks in the kitchen with the promise of ice cream as the reward for hard work. They even made sure to carefully water our mint bush with their super soakers before cutting some for the vegan mint chip ice cream. So sweet. Until a war nearly broke out over who would stir first, or who had a better view of the ice cream maker. Hey, beggars can’t be choosers and sometimes you take whatever help you can get. Of course, everyone’s favorite job was taste testing. I knew I struck gold when my boys loved it as much as I did! They chose this over several other frozen treats already in the freezer.
creaminess and dreaminess
It’s probably fairly obvious that our vegan mint chip ice cream didn’t last very long in our home. I shamelessly admit to savoring the last scoop one night after eagerly putting the boys to bed. Of course, they were bummed despite having a freezer full of treats. Oh well, guess we’ll have to make some more real soon. Next time I can experiment with another flavor.
You will be surprised at the creaminess and richness of this ice cream. If you put this side by side with regular ice cream, I doubt anyone would know that it is vegan.
I am excited that I can make vegan ice cream at home and have it taste even better than the store bought vegan ice cream with none of the gross fillers. Let’s face it, it’s awesome that stores are offering so many dairy free options these days. But, they are usually filled with ingredients that are probably not good to eat on a regular basis. I get it, they need to be shelf stable. Many options are good for sometimes treats, or when you are in a hurry. However, if you are a die hard ice cream fan, homemade is going to be your pony. Healthful ingredients come together to create this delicious vegan mint chip ice cream that can nourish your body and fuel it with things your body actually recognizes.
|Cook Time:||45 min|
|Prep Time:||5 min|
|Total Time:||50 min|
* 1 1/2 cups soaked (drained and rinsed) cashews
* 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
* 1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup or raw honey (sweeten to taste)
* 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* pinch of sea salt
* 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
* 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, chopped
2. Blend for 2 minutes or until very smooth, creamy and perfectly blended.
3. Place this mixture into a freezer safe bowl.
4. Freeze mixture for 30 minutes. Set a timer or you may come back to a solid popsicle.
5. Pour into an ice-cream maker and keep it on until it begins to expand, change texture and look like ice cream
6. Pour in the chocolate chips and let it run for a couple minutes longer.
7. Place in a container and store in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.