DIY coffee sugar scrub
DIY coffee sugar scrub
This is my go to sugar scrub for summertime. Coffee holds antioxidant properties and the scrubbing effects from the sugar can help to stimulate collagen production and plump the surface of your skin temporarily. Perfect for bikini and shorts season. This coffee sugar scrub is great for summer because it helps to slough off the top layer of your skin that can become dull from sun exposure and sunscreen. Not to mention that the dark color of the coffee also works to intensify any tan that you have acquired while out and about. Do I really even have to tell you about how amazing it smells?
If you have never used a sugar scrub, made a sugar scrub or don’t know the value of a good sugar scrub, especially a good coffee sugar scrub, then you’ve been missing out!
Exfoliation~ regular soap and a wash cloth alone cannot achieve this level of necessary exfoliation.
Brighter Skin~ once you get rid of clogged pores and dead skin cells, what’s left is glowing skin
Healing~ Speeds up the healing process for blemishes and areas of dark skin
Moisturizing~ The properties in the oil leave your skin naturally hydrated and radiant
Cleansing~oil attracts oil, sugar scrub works to unclog pores and absorb impurities, helping cells to regenerate
What’s in coffee sugar scrub and why?
Coffee (duh!)~ antioxidant properties, smells amazing, caffeine has natural anti-inflammatory abilities, reduces cellulite, rejuvenating aroma
Sugar~ works as a coarse, yet gentle exfoliant on your skin’s surface to help brighten and purify your skin
Base oil~ attracts impurities, renews cells, unclogs pores, hydrates, smoothes skin and heals blemishes
Raw honey~ antioxidants for anti-aging, antibacterial, helps unclogs pores, moisturizes and smoothes
More oils ~ moisturizing, healing, antioxidant properties, helps skin to regenerate new and healthy cells
So, you’re convinced to try your hand at making your very own sugar scrub. Great! Check out my post about green tea sugar scrub for helpful information on choosing what sugar is best for you and what oils to use and why. Here you’ll find more tips and tricks to make it easy, fun and worth your time. Perhaps you may decide to make both the coffee sugar scrub and the green tea sugar scrub! The holidays are quickly approaching and these make excellent and thoughtful gift ideas.
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Total Time:||10 min|
* 1 cup of sugar ( I prefer to use cane sugar)
* 1/2 cup of avocado oil ( may sub almond oil, safflower oil, olive oil)
* 2 Tablespoons Raw honey
* 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E oil
* 1 teaspoon of Argan oil
* 1 teaspoon of Jojoba oil
* *may sub any oils that you choose, as long as they exhibit similar properties to the one you are subbing for.
2. Slowly pour in raw honey, and oils
3. Mix all ingredients until well combined ( honey will clump slightly, mix until no clumps are found) and add more oil if you desire a more oily scrub and more sugar if you find it to be too oily and wish for a drier scrub.
4. Place your sugar scrub in an airtight jar, or container. ( I keep a container of it in the shower)
5. Sugar scrub makes a great facial exfoliator! Rub gently onto face and neck in a circular motion and rinse well. For best results use in the shower or bath.
6. This scrub makes a great gift for anyone in your life!~