vegan vanilla cupcakes
Dreamy vegan vanilla cupcakes
I have baked so many cupcake recipes over the years. This time, I wanted to try my hand at vegan cupcakes. I present to you, my vegan vanilla cupcakes. And it only took a few batches before I figured out a good one. I (Taryn), usually bake with dairy but this recipe has no eggs and almond milk. I used vinegar and baking soda to give the batter a lift and to create a light and fluffy cupcake. I chose to use white flour and white sugar to achieve a white cake color. Let me tell ya, it was thrilling when I got a stamp of approval from my kiddos, especially the frosting
We all love cupcakes
Cupcakes are perfect for any occasion and every occasion calls for a cupcake. Cupcakes are the most welcome dessert. They require no cutting or scooping, no plates or utensils. They are kid approved, Grama approved and teacher approved.
Now, with my vegan vanilla cupcakes, no one has to miss out on a delicious cupcake!
How do you decorate your cupcakes?
For these particular cupcakes, I had red, white and blue in mind. I wanted the white cake and white frosting with some red and blue sprinkles. I also decided to add some fresh fruit with my theme in mind and chose raspberries and blueberries. But you could gladly substitute strawberries or blackberries. I like to choose whatever looks best at the grocery store that day.
So, after many years of making cupcakes from a box mix, Pinterest recipes, or my favorite Good Housekeeping cookbook, I decided to change it up. Thus, creating my very own recipe that has proved to be most successful. These delightful vegan vanilla cupcakes bring joy to my family’s special occasions. I am super excited to share them with you, my readers, friends and family. I just know that they’ll be a hit, especially when everyone learns that they’re vegan!
by your loyal Hobbyist,
|Cook Time:||15 min|
|Prep Time:||30 min|
|Total Time:||45 min|
* 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
* 1 cup vegan white sugar
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup oil (avocado, coconut or canola)
* 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
* 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
* 2 tbsp vanilla extract
* 3 cup powdered sugar
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 cup dairy-free shortening
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 5-6 tbsp almond milk
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large bowl, combine together dry ingredients.
4. In another bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
5. Slowly add in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
6. Mix until smooth. I use a hand mixer for 1-2 minutes.
7. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
8. Bake 15-18 minutes.
9. Cool completely before frosting.
12. Mix all ingredients together.
13. Adding almond milk 1 Tbsp at a time until the frosting is the consistency you like.
14. Then frost cupcake and decorate.