homemade strawberry lemonade
Easy homemade strawberry lemonade
Here’s a short and sweet recipe for you, so you can get to the good part. Relaxing and sipping your very own homemade strawberry lemonade with the ones you love. The other week, I was grocery shopping late at night. I don’t normally do that, but sometimes summertime calls for desperate measures to find alone time. I practically shut the store down that night. Wandering, reading labels, studying the bakery cases, until I realized that I was the only one left shopping. Then noticing how thirsty I had become. Grocery shopping can be hard work you know! So, I grabbed a strawberry lemonade before heading to the checkout line. Yum! I knew that this could become an expensive habit, so I decided that I should probably figure out how to make my own homemade strawberry lemonade. All these thoughts, while blissfully enjoying alone time in a ghost town grocery store. A Mom’s fantasy.
A lemonade stand story
Roughly two years ago my boys asked to have a lemonade stand. Every child’s dream! I remember having several lemonade stands throughout my childhood. How could I rob my boys of the same experience? I’ll admit, I was excited to help them! It turned out to be a real success! We set it up next to the community pool. A perfect location to catch lifeguards, walkers, swimmers and dog walkers. Good thing we decided to include Homemade dog treats to the offerings at our stand in addition to vegan rice krispie treats (a recipe coming soon). Unfortunately, we used store bought lemonade at that time.
Perhaps, before summer is over, we’ll have another lemonade stand and offer Maple Vanilla Bean Lemonade and homemade strawberry lemonade.
We’ll have to add some more treats to our next menu.
Try homemade next time, it’s easier than you might think!
Imagine your next gathering having homemade strawberry lemonade to offer your guests!
|Cook Time:||10 min|
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Total Time:||10 min|
* 6-8 cups cold filtered water
* 1 cup pomegranate juice or some other comparable red juice
* 1 pint fresh, ripe strawberries (could sub frozen strawberries, defrost first)
* 1 cup pure (real) maple syrup (add more if necessary)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
3. Wash and hull the strawberries
5. Place pomegranate juice or comparable red juice and hulled strawberries into the blender
7. Blend for about 1-2 minutes or until smooth
9. Add strawberry juice mixture to the lemonade mixture and stir
11. Lightly shake before pouring
13. Pour over ice and drink
15. Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week