Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Satisfying vegan apple cinnamon muffins
This recipe for vegan apple cinnamon muffins will make your house smell divine. Its September and that usually means Fall is coming or you get inklings of it in the air, but not for me in south Texas. I’m ready for a break from the heat. Sometimes, I like to trick myself by changing the scents in the house with apple and cinnamon or the any other scents that I associate with fall like pumpkin or maple.
Muffins are so versatile and a great addition to lunches, on-the-go breakfast or an anytime snack because they are super satisfying. Best eaten in the first few days of baking. Time to get in the Fall spirit! These muffins are sure to help.
Call it a super spice
Cinnamon is one the most delicious and healthiest spices. We put it in applesauce, coffee and many baked goods. In fact, we’ve known the medicinal purposes of cinnamon for thousands of years. It has quite a resume!
Cinnamon has some amazing properties:
has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties
assists in lowering blood sugar levels
assists in reducing heart disease risk factors.
As you can see, it is quite impressive and right up there with the other super spices like garlic and oregano.
Apples are full of fiber and super rich in antioxidants and flavonoids. A staple fruit in most homes. It is so important to know exactly what’s in all of our foods and to be as informed as we can. Because “an apple a day” may not keep the doctor away, however, we are certainly more informed now than we ever were before. If you find yourself headed to an apple orchard this Fall, we’d love for you to share with us. Send us your apple-picking photos and baking photos, especially if you make this recipe with your apples! Although I love summer, I hope this recipe will help to get everyone in the Fall spirit!
Another healthy Fall muffin recipe Cranberry Ginger Chia Muffins
Try pairing these vegan apple cinnamon muffins with our Vegan Chocolate Milk for a nutritious and filling snack.
|Cook Time:||25 min|
|Prep Time:||30 min|
|Total Time:||55 min|
* 1 tsp Cinnamon
* 3 cups Spelt flour or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
* 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
* 1 tbsp Baking Powder
* 1 tbsp Baking Soda
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 1 cup Vegan Buttermilk (add 1-2 tsp vinegar to vegan buttermilk)
* 2 Flax Eggs (2 tbsp flax meal, 6 tbsp water, mix together)
* 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
* 2 Apples (peeled, finely diced or shredded)
* 1/4 cup Avocado oil
* 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
* 1 tsp Vanilla extract
* 1 tsp Cinnamon
* 1/3 cup White Flour
* 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
* 6 tbsp Vegan Butter, melted
* pinch of Salt
2. Combine all first six dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine vegan buttermilk (with vinegar), flax eggs, applesauce, apples, avocado oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold together.
5. Put about a 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup.
6. Make the crumble in a small bowl by mixing the cinnamon, flour, sugar, butter and a pinch of salt.
7. Sprinkle a small amount of crumble topping on each muffin batter.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. Let sit for 10 minutes in muffin pan, then transfer to a cooling rack.
10. These muffins are best eaten within the first few days.